April 16, 2012

A New Home Part 1

It is hard to believe that in a few short weeks, our little family will begin a new adventure and leave charming Cache Valley.  Logan has been good to us.  I'll miss seeing the temple glisten when we drive out of Sardine Canyon, I'll miss our summer evening bike rides along the quaint streets of Hyde Park, I'll miss night time stops at Aggie Ice Cream and our Saturday visits to Gossner's Cheese. Even though I haven't been to school in Logan for over 3 years, I still feel like I haven't closed the door completely.  Utah State gave me so many wonderful opportunities, memories and friendships which I will treasure forever.   It really has been home to both of us and of course it will always hold a special place in our hearts because it is where we first fell in love and started our life together.  

In a few weeks Anthony will wear his cap and gown for probably the last time ever.  I am very proud of him!  The page of one chapter is turning for us, but I can't wait to experience the rest of our story!  

AN UPDATE:  The last few months have brought a lot of change for us. 

FEBRUARY:  Laid off at The National Children's Study. Budget Cuts.  Not really a surprise. Still a little weird to look for something again.   We felt calm about things and knew something would work out. 

MARCH: Lots of job searching. Less than 3 weeks after I lost my job, I found another one in Salt Lake.  I was reminded that the Lord really knows where we need to be and when one door closes another one will open in His timing.  Living apart for a few weeks... again.  Not that fun.  Grateful for technology, weekends, a car and my patient and loving husband.

APRIL: After hours and hours of searching, found a basement apartment in North Salt Lake. Can't wait to decorate again, use my washer and dryer and try out my first garden.  

Life is good.  

 


1 comment:

  1. Megan, are you in your apartment now? How are you liking it here and your new job?! I would love to go to lunch sometime! When does Anthony move down? Anyway I was just thinking of you! Miss you! Let's get together!

    ReplyDelete