September 2, 2011

Just a Sweet Moment.

Today I am reminded of how important my marriage is and how blessed I feel to be married in the temple.  After eating lunch with my sweet husband, I came back to work to and turned to ksl to read the news online, just like I always do. I have decided it is turning into a bad thing because I usually just read bad news. :(  The first thing I saw was an announcement about a tragic accident last night.  One of the U of U Football players lost his wife in a freak car accident after a wonderful win.  My heart dropped, and dropped again when I read that they were married just last summer.  There was a link to her blog and I clicked thinking I would just peek.  This woman was amazing!  There were pictures of the temple and their anniversary celebration.  She had also just left her testimony as one of her latest blogs.  I was so touched and my heart ached for him and their families. 

I thought of my sweetheart and all that he means to me.  I couldn't imagine loosing him, especially when we have so many dreams and ambitions ahead of us.  I remembered our wedding day and how special it was. I am so grateful I was married in the temple for time and for all eternity!  I am grateful that no matter what trials or difficulties lie in our path, that all will be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I have such a  testimony of the Plan of Salvation and I was quietly reminded by the spirit of that today.  Don't mind me just sitting in my cubicle about to cry.  Life is to fragile to take things for granted or to worry about the insignificant things.  When it all comes down to it, it is about those eternal things that last forever, our spouses, our children, our parents and our friends.
 

1 comment:

  1. Megan u are so right. I'm glad you commented on my blog cuz now I found yours! That is so sad he lost his wife. Things like that do put everything into perspective. You and Anthony are so cute together and are always so sweet to one another:)

    ReplyDelete