May 10, 2011

Joy in the Journey

Today I read a really great talk by President Thomas S. Monson, titled "Joy in the Journey". I know at least for me there are days when life becomes overwhelming and I become discouraged. I might let little, truly insignificant errors or incidents fog my mind of reality and what matters most. Even though it can be difficult at times, it is good to keep an eternal perspective and remember that all things will work out for our good if we strive to do what is right. President Monson gave some great council that reminded me what little things I can do to be a little happier even when hard days come. He teaches us to enjoy the season in which we now live, to remember the past, LIVE in the present and prepare for the future. Time will keep moving on, but we should enjoy all the opportunities the Lord gives us to grow and develop. We also don't need to feel that we have to accomplish everything or become perfect during one season of our life. He also councils us to be grateful for the blessings we've been given. I am very grateful for our Prophet and all the guidance and council he provides for a happy and peaceful life.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 13, 2011

    I love this talk! Thanks for the reminder and true inspiration. President Monson is the best!

    ReplyDelete